Alexei Ponikarovsky scored the game-winning in overtime to give the Devils a 2-1 series lead and a 4-3 win in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- Alexei Ponikarovsky scored the game-winner at 17:21 of overtime.
- The Devils allowed the first goal, but managed to score two goals in twenty second to overtake the lead.
- Ilya Kovalchuk scored a goal, added two assists, was a +2 and took 2 shots in 22:09 of ice time in his return.
- The Devils outshot the Flyers 31-28.
- The Devils only allowed four shots in the second period.
- Martin Brodeur made 25 saves on 28 shots.
- The Devils killed off two penalties in overtime.
- The Devils allowed one goal on five power play tries to the Flyers.
Devils lead the series 2-1.