Lou Lamoriello and Pete DeBoer gave a basic rundown of what to expect from training camp, so I figured I would give it to you in note form:
- Lou says the Devils expect to bring 25 to 28 players to camp with them, consisting of two goalies, eight defensemen and five to six forward lines. The goalies and defenseman are pretty self-explanatory, but it’ll be interesting to see which Albany players get the call.
- Lou didn’t reveal whether any of the team’s junior prospects would get a call for camp. As a note, in the shortened season the NHL has shortened the amount of NHL games a junior player can play in from 10 to six. That means after six games the NHL club must either keep said player or return him to his junior club.
- The team will put the players through physicals Sunday and then the team will hold their first official team practice on the same day.
- The players have been using the team’s facilities during this informal “warmup” period before camps open with the permission of the league and the Devils.
- Camp will be held at the Prudential Center, as it usually is.