Couple thoughts after tonight’s loss:
- I know, it hurts, but the Devils need to regroup and come out firing in Game 2, like they did against the Flyers and Rangers.
- The Devils came out flat until they scored their first goal (late in the second period).
- The Devils need to take more shots on Jonathan Quick. 18 shots in the entire game in not enough.
- Too much passing in the offensive zone in the first period. Overpassing, trying to be fancy. Just need to shoot the puck.
- The Devils need to bury wide open shots. David Clarkson missed in the first period, then Zach Parise had a chance, but got blocked and last, Mark Fayne missed a wide open net.
- Ilya Kovalchuk needs to step up if the Devils want to win. He needs to get involved. He had no shots and no hits.
- Devils power play was awful (first PP was okay). 0 for 2 with two shots.
- Martin Brodeur was great but the first goal he allowed was too weak from his standpoint.